Which type of registry should I choose?
It's a personal decision but some of considerations you might wish to weigh up when making this decisions include:
- How do we plan to use the funds that we receive?
- Do we think our guests would appreciate knowing what you'll be using their gift-funds for?
- Would we prefer to have the physical cash or for the funds to deposit straight into our bank?
- Are there any good causes or things we're passionate about that we'd like our guests to embrace on our behalf?
- Would we like to easily allow our guests to make a charitable contribution on behalf of us?
- Are we happy to handle the money on the night of our wedding, or do we have someone trustworthy that can be responsible for it, if we went the wishing well route?
- What registry option do we think will provide a more enjoyable, personal experience for our guests?
What is the most flexible online wedding gift registry?
Call us biased (because, well, we absolutely are), but Gravy is definitely ticking a whole lot of boxes on the digital registry front.
Gravy allows couples to ask for *literally* anything. A beer subscription, a pony, IVF treatments, a coffee machine, singing lessons, a safari, a honeymoon fund… you get the gist.
In fact, what sets Gravy apart is that along with cash and goods, couples can also ask for non-monetary ‘gives’ – like a free ride to the airport, extra hands while moving house or help at a fundraising event. There is also the option of asking guests to give to charity (with no limit on how many you can nominate).
For couples, it means creating a carefully curated registry that mirrors what they genuinely love, need and care about and for guests it makes the entire gift-giving experience much more meaningful by providing transparency over where their cash will go as well as the option to select the ‘gifts’, ‘gives’ and/or ‘charity’ that best resonates with them.
Gravy also give couples flexibility around when they receive their funds (eg. instantly or on a specified date) which is a big bonus when you’re trying to simultaneously save for married life and manage a lot of outgoings in the lead up to the wedding (take our word for it).
Want in? Get started here. It only takes a minute to sign up for free and start creating a registry.
Curious to know more before diving in? Find out more about how Gravy works here.